The Franklin Research Center is a centralized repository focused on primary sources documenting the history and culture of Africa and people of African descent in the Americas. Our collections are housed in the Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library. All Franklin Center materials are included in the Duke University Libraries online catalog. Some material has been digitized and is available in Duke Digital Collections.
These research guides highlight many of the Franklin Center's print, manuscript and multimedia holdings related to these topics but are not comprehensive listings of our collections.
- African Manuscripts and Resources (LibGuide)
- African American Manuscripts
- African Americans in Durham (LibGuide)
- African American Women (LibGuide)
- African Americans and the Civil War History (LibGuide)
- Black Voices: African American Autobiography and Biography (LibGuide)
- Legacy of SNCC (Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee) Collections (LibGuide)