Make a reproduction request
Submit a reproduction request online or from our reading room. You'll be able to tell us what materials you would like reproduced and any format or quality specifications you might have through the form. A staff member will confirm your request and send you an invoice if applicable. Please be as specific as possible with your request. Not sure where the material you need is? Get in touch and a librarian can assist you.
- Duke students, faculty, and staff orders will be prioritized in 2021 with an expected turnaround time of 2 weeks.
- For all other researchers, your order will be delivered 8 to 10 weeks after we receive payment.
Paying for and receiving your order
- For reference quality scans (low-resolution), we offer one complimentary order of less than 50 scans per year at no charge.
- For orders of more than 50 scans, high resolution images, or audiovisual material, digitization is done at a rate of $25/hour. Some fees are waived for Duke students, faculty, and staff.
- You will be able to pay your invoice by Visa, Mastercard or check. We do not accept cash.
- We cannot produce photographic prints or slides, only digital scans. Your files will be delivered online.
- Reproduction orders are non-refundable. However, we will work closely with you to ensure that the reproductions meet your needs.
- Reference quality scanning requests are limited to 250 pages per calendar year; additional reproduction orders will be considered on an as-time-permits basis. Limits on high-resolution scanning and digitization of audiovisual material will depend on the format and quality.
- It may not be possible to copy some items in our collection due to donor restrictions, copyright issues, preservation concerns, or physical size.
- The Rubenstein Library reserves the right to refuse a reproduction request if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the request would involve violation of copyright law.
- Reproductions may not be made for or donated to other repositories.
Reading room scanning options
- Use one of our HoverCams, a high-resolution, standalone document camera. HoverCams attach to your Mac or Windows computer and allow you to save images directly to your laptop.
- Bring your camera or camera phone into the Rubenstein reading room to snap digital photos of materials.